Monday, August 2, 2010

It isn't over yet


What happened to staying at home, minding my own business and drinking myself to death? Not exactly something that will win a Nobel prize but shit, it's something to strive for. Right? My arthritis has been acting up so bad it has me nauseated. A person can only take so many pain meds without wishing something would help without putting one in a coma.
Saturday was the worst. I got up at 6 a.m. as usual. Hubby was snoring away... as usual. At 7:30 I had barely accomplished cleaning the chicks (I clean them every morning. They need to go outside.) and feeding my parrot. I was in so much pain it can't be described except to say, kill me now. I didn't want to deal with the consequences but I finally decided that falling to pieces in the yard and lying there until someone found me wasn't really how I wanted to spend my Saturday so I made myself go wake the Hubby. He got up in fifteen or so minutes and I told him I was going to bed. 90 minutes later I was still listening to him complain about work, animals, whatever, etc. The pain meds were working their magic and I didn't care one whit about what Hubby had to say anymore. Not that I cared to begin with but I have to act like I do or pay the price. I warmed my bean thing in the nuker and crawled what was left of me into bed. The only reason I got out of bed that day was to warm my beaner thinger and partake of more Vicodin and Vodka. It was a very sleepy and painful day. Hubby spent the day stomping through the house and slamming doors. Why should he have to do any of the chores around here? That's what he keeps me for. I spent 18 days in California this past June. That is the only time in the past 2 1/2 years Hubby has had to do any of my chores. And yes, he was pissed off because he had to do them on Saturday. I'm not allowed to get sick.
Sunday (the day, not the mule) didn't start out much better but I knew the animals hadn't seen fresh water since I had given it to them last so I got up and dragged myself out to do the chores. It is Monday and my left leg still feels like it has been slammed in a door and should have the most awesome bruise known to mankind. My girls were here today and bless their little hearts, they want to sit with me in my chair and try to do it without touching my leg. It's so sweet to have them snuggle me without hurting me. Lily is four and she has more compassion than Hubby.

Tomorrow will begin bright and early with girls coming at 6:30. I hope my legs are working better because I thought of a good place to take them and I need to be able to walk. I'm going to have to break down and buy myself a cane. I see it coming and I hate it. This getting old shit sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment