Monday, August 9, 2010

Next time...

In my last post I whined about spending a Saturday in immense pain. Well, I thought it was my arthritis acting up but nooooo... I have since come down with a god awful case of shingles. I have never had shingles before and I pray to all that is holy I never get them again. I have already told my health care professional that if this happens again I want a morphine drip and a catheter. Lay my naked ass in the bed and don't wake me til it's over. If you've never had a case of these babies, fall to your knees right now and pray you never get them. Shingles hurt like hell.

On the brighter side, the anti-virals seem to be working. The blisters that cover most of my left thigh, among other places, are starting to dry up. Just show me where to plant the kiss I'm already puckered up for. Seriously. I'd kiss the ass of Genghis Kahn if I thought it would help. I've soaked myself in so many vinegar baths I smell like a frikkin' pickle. If I manage to sleep through the entire night tonight then I know I'm on the mend.

Even better than getting better is being able to go outside and visit with Sunday for a while today. I was fixing the feed buckets for the equines this morning when Sunday's pretty faced poked into the room. Bless her heart, she had come for a visit. It's good to be missed. I finished fixing the feed pails and she followed me back to the pasture. I opened the gate - that she had previously opened for herself - and told her to go in. She went right through it because mules are smart that way. I loved on her and gave her treats before putting her fly mask on. She has very sensitive eyes and has to wear it or her eyes swell terribly from the irritation. She hates it but it's necessary. This evening she hadn't come up so I walked about halfway down the hill and called her name out two or three times. In just a few minutes she came trotting to me. I love that girl. I am going to try to get out early tomorrow and spend a little more time with her.

I hope soon to get out of my whining phase and get to telling stories which is why I wanted this blog to begin with. I didn't mean for it to be a whinefest. I apologize for that. After waiting years to begin I seem to have started at a seriously low point in my life. You know, the peak and valley thing? Grand Canyon going on here. I'll perk up soon. Just as soon as I stop itching and Stumpy stops licking his nuts... Sheesh, if they aren't clean by now it just ain't gonna happen. Stop the slurping already!

No comments:

Post a Comment